Date: 26th March 2020
BOTSWANA MEAT COMMISSION (BMC) ADOPTS ADDITIONAL PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES IN VIEW OF THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
As part of implementing official precautionary measures against risk/contraction of COVID-19, the Botswana Meat Commission (BMC) has since taken a decision to adopt additional measures to ensure that its critical operations are minimally disrupted – during these challenging times.
The following additional measures shall therefore apply as of Monday 30th March 2020 until further notice:
- BMC will stagger its operational activities in between weekdays to ensure optimal service to all its stakeholders (e.g. cattle producers and customers);
- To achieve the above, BMC will therefore:
- Receive cattle for weekly slaughter ONLY on Mondays and Tuesdays,
- Slaughter will be scheduled ONLY on Tuesdays and Wednesdays; while
- Deboning is scheduled for Thursdays and Fridays.
- Other BMC services such as selling of products, payments and other enquiries will continue to operate within normal hours (0730 – 1630Hrs);
- In view of the above-referred, BMC shall therefore place up to 40% of its staff on leave while others will be required to work from home, as part of decongesting the work/office-space;
- BMC offices shall remain accessible albeit in a controlled manner, where each visitor to BMC premises will be subjected to health-screening/check and sanitization, before accessing any of the offices. Members of the public are therefore requested, where possible, NOT to make unnecessary visits to BMC offices – but rather call or email.
The above-referred measures are to ensure that BMC continues to effectively operate – in compliance with measures set by Government, but also respond to the strategic call of ensuring that there are no disruptions to the national food security mandate.
BMC also takes this opportunity to urge all to take care of themselves by fully complying with set of rules and measures already in place to combat COVID-19 pandemic.
For further enquiries please call +267 5331234 and +267 5331510 or email to the following:
For general enquiries: [email protected]
For cattle procurement and bookings: [email protected] or [email protected]
For payments and accounts: [email protected]
For sales and marketing: [email protected] or [email protected]